Valley Forge, PA
Vanguard, one of the world's leading investment management companies, needs a creative, disciplined writer to develop and produce a range of investment and marketing communications, in a variety of different media including print and electronic channels. You should be able to tailor your writing to various audiences, such as sophisticated investment professionals, financial advisors, and individual investors.
You'll independently research and write original materials. You should be able to work with your creative team and internal clients to develop out-of-the-box ideas as needed. In all cases, your copy should reflect an in-depth knowledge of Vanguard funds and services, investment concepts, the competitive landscape, Vanguard's established brand identity guidelines and style, and an understanding of the target audience.
You'll follow established creative timelines for completing drafts, reviewing copy with clients, and negotiating and implementing edits. Through this process, you should display a professional and flexible attitude that assures the highest level of quality and accuracy. You'll work with your team and your clients to ensure that all internal and external vendor deadlines are met.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Technical Writing. CFA, CFP, or similar credentials are a plus, though not required.
- Minimum of five years of related experience writing investment or marketing communications or in investment research and management, with demonstrated excellence in writing.
- Experience working with the design and print production process.
- Working knowledge of financial services and products preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write well against tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Aptitude for using computer-based communication tools and for learning new technologies.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and familiarity with the Web.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed to meet deadlines.
Vanguard, a leading financial company, offers a competitive Total Rewards package of cash compensation, benefits, work-life programs, and conveniences. Employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result, and we maintain a smoke-free work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Click Here To Apply
Posted September 28, 2006; Closes November 11, 2006
RETURN TO JOB POSTINGS
Keep up on the latest in e-publishing and other writing resources,
along with links to the best writing on the web by subscribing to
Sunoasis 2005. It's once a month in your e-mail box and free!
Just use the convenient box above.
Cyber Search will show
you where all the writing jobs are!
to top of page
New Job Links
*Disclaimer: I try
to get the best writing jobs
I can find but I
can't guarantee a job is still available. And I
can't vouch for the credibility of those who post
jobs. Use at your own risk.
Laughing Sun| Cyber
Oasis| Send a comment|