Editor for QVCís Information Services Division
QVC, Inc., a $5.5 billion company, is an e-commerce leader, marketing a wide variety of brand name products in such categories as home furnishings, licensed products, fashion, beauty, electronics and fine jewelry. QVC reaches over 85 million homes in the United States. The companyís world headquarters is located in West Chester, PA.
To help continue our success, we are in search of a action/results oriented, hands-on, self-motivated organized and seasoned Editor for QVCís Information Services Division.
The successful candidate will manage a team of copywriters who perform various writing, description, editing, featurization, and coordination duties associated with the creation and launch of product descriptions within specific product lines for QVCís Promotional Content. Work as a team with other editors in providing a consistent style and high level of efficiency to the production of the content. Responsible for maintaining the data on the product detail page including sell copy, more information, featurization, and related products in order to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations. Ability to write original copy when workload requires & fill-in for copywriters on team as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelorís Degree in English, Communications or Business required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years editing & writing experience in a business environment, preferably in a marketing or creative writing position.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with confident command of spelling, grammar and punctuation. Ability to compose grammatically correct sentence structures that combine creative writing, advertising and marketing skills with factual product information to create compelling sales copy.
- Demonstrate a strong attention to detail, an eye for consistency, and the ability to compose persuasive sales copy.
- Must exercise good judgment while identifying, researching and resolving product-related issues independently and/or with others.
- Excellent PC skills, the ability to comprehend complicated systems and work in a highly technical & dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing priorities, time sensitive environment.
- Experience in the Retail Industry Preferred.
QVC offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and the opportunity for growth. Please apply online by visiting the Careers Section of our home page at www.qvc.com.
Posted December 20, 2004; ends
February 5, 2005
RETURN TO JOB POSTINGS
Keep up on the latest in e-publishing and other writing resources,
along with links to the best writing on the web by subscribing to
Sunoasis 2004. It's once a month in your e-mail box and free!
Just use the convenient box above.
Cyber Search will show
you where all the writing jobs are!
to top of page
New Job Links
*Disclaimer: I try
to get the best writing jobs
I can find but I
can't guarantee a job is still available. And I
can't vouch for the credibility of those who post
jobs. Use at your own risk.
Laughing Sun| Cyber
Oasis| Send a comment|