Promotions Managers wanted in Mason, Ohio (near Cincinnati)
Coordinates the creation of customer-focused, innovative, results-oriented promotions for Thomson Higher Education's teaching and learning materials (including textbooks, print and electronic supplements, and online courseware). Promotions include direct mail pieces, selling tools for sales reps, in-book brochures and ads, back cover copy, journal and convention ads, e-marketing materials, public relations pieces, and other pieces as necessary. The Promotions Manager's goal is to meet agreed-upon marketing/promotional objectives in a timely, cost-efficient manner.
- Coordinates production of promotional materials -- including the supervision of freelance writers, project managers, and designers -- to ensure that projects are produced on time and within budget.
- Manages individual project budgets within departmental constraints for all promotional projects within this position's accountability. (60%)
- Develops copy and campaign strategies, then researches and writes promotional materials. (20%)
- Represents Marketing Communications on assigned discipline teams, as well as at appropriate marketing launches, production and editorial meetings, cover meetings, division meetings, and other meetings as required. Conducts promotional meetings as necessary. (10%)
- Helps the Marketing Communications team develop and refine systems and processes to ensure continuous improvement in the flow of projects (e.g. simplifying forms, maximizing the use of technology, reducing layers of approval, etc.). (5%)
- Researches markets via internal tools, campus visits, key conventions, etc., to keep abreast of the latest trends. Applies this knowledge to increase the effectiveness of promotional projects. (5%)
Associate Promotions Manager: Requires at least 1 year of experience in advertising, copywriting, public relations, or marketing. Bachelor's degree in communications, advertising, English, marketing, or an equivalent area is preferred. Writing samples required.
Promotions Manager: Requires at least 2-4 years of experience in advertising, copywriting, public relations, or marketing. Bachelor's degree in communications, advertising, English, marketing, or an equivalent area is preferred. Copywriting and project management experience required. Must be able to manage and reliably deliver multiple projects with overlapping deadlines, provide service to multiple discipline teams, and maintain the highest degree of quality and customer focus. Word processing proficiency and a basic understanding of design required.
Senior Promotions Manager: Requires at least 4 years' experience in advertising, copywriting, public relations, or marketing, as well as demonstrated success as a project manager working with freelance resources, and a performance record of consistently exceeding expectations. Must be able to manage and consistently deliver multiple projects with overlapping deadlines, provide service to multiple discipline teams, maintain the highest degree of quality and customer focus, and demonstrate a history of independent initiative in developing and taking on new responsibilities.
PC and Macintosh hardware, application software (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/email/graphics programs), telephone, fax machine, photocopier, printers, calculator, training aids.
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND DEGREE OF EFFORT:
Speaking: High degree
Sitting: High degree
Walking: Moderate degree
Lifting: Low degree
Standing: Moderate degree Hand dexterity: High degree
Visual Acuity: High degree
Hearing: High degree
Climbing: Low degree
SPECIFIC JOB-RELATED MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND COMPLEXITY:
Remembering: High degree
Reading: High degree
Interpreting: High degree
Analyzing: High degree
Problem Solving: High degree
Normal office environment. Moderate noise level. Climatic conditions: temperature controlled. No mobility barriers. Wheelchair access and handicapped parking in office.
Send resume to Cincy.Jobs@ThomsonLearning.com
Posted August 26, 2004; closes October 12, 2004
RETURN TO JOB POSTINGS
Keep up on the latest in e-publishing and other writing resources,
along with links to the best writing on the web by subscribing to
Sunoasis 2004. It's once a month in your e-mail box and free!
Just use the convenient box above.
Cyber Search will show
you where all the writing jobs are!
to top of page
New Job Links
*Disclaimer: I try
to get the best writing jobs
I can find but I
can't guarantee a job is still available. And I
can't vouch for the credibility of those who post
jobs. Use at your own risk.
Laughing Sun| Cyber
Oasis| Send a comment|
A Writers Journal