Valley Forge, PA
Vanguard, one of the world's leading investment management companies, has an opening for an experienced copy editor to edit print and electronic communications generated by the Participant Education department within Vanguard.
You'll evaluate copy for Vanguard's ''voice'' and style, accuracy, flow, organization and format, and mark corrections using standard editing/proofreading symbols. You'll review the history of each project by reviewing the appropriate reference materials and check to make sure that all appropriate regulatory hedge clauses, copyrights, and trademarks appear on each piece. You'll compare companion pieces, if any, for consistency and apply style preferences of individual clients. You'll also suggest ways to improve copy via written and verbal communication with writers.
As materials are revised, you'll proofread typeset versions to correct any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors, and check the proof against the original manuscript. As needed, you'll update Vanguard style and usage guidelines and document the style preferences of individual clients.
- Bachelor's degree in English or Communications, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of five years of professional copy-editing experience in a business or newsroom setting.
- Superior knowledge of English grammar, usage, and punctuation, and exceptional proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of financial services industry, particularly retirement plans and mutual funds, preferred.
- Knowledge of typesetting, graphics, design, and printing.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed.
- Ability to edit documents Word documents electronically.
Vanguard, a eading financial company, offers a competitive Total Rewards package of cash compensation, benefits, work-life programs, and conveniences. Employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result, and we maintain a smoke-free work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Click Here To Apply
Posted: February 13 2006; closes March 28, 2006
RETURN TO JOB POSTINGS
Keep up on the latest in e-publishing and other writing resources,
along with links to the best writing on the web by subscribing to
Sunoasis 2006. It's once a month in your e-mail box and free!
Just use the convenient box above.
Cyber Search will show
you where all the writing jobs are!
to top of page
New Job Links
*Disclaimer: I try
to get the best writing jobs
I can find but I
can't guarantee a job is still available. And I
can't vouch for the credibility of those who post
jobs. Use at your own risk.
Laughing Sun| Cyber
Oasis| Send a comment|