Sr. Editor - San Francisco Bay Area, Peninsula
Our client provides marketing content and custom publishing to hi tech clients such as IBM, Intel and SAP. We are looking for a Sr. Editor to add to the team that provides quality assurance for all projects. Editors handle a variety of marketing content and many types of projects because of the varied nature of the clients and their products.
Since our clients demand quality, an important skill for a Senior Editor is the ability to focus on details. Most senior editors describe themselves as perfectionists. They spot inconsistencies, typos, and split infinitives at a glance. And most importantly, senior editors contribute their editorial knowledge and expertise to help clients communicate their messages clearly and effectively to the marketplace.
- Perform developmental editing, copy editing, and proofreading of high-tech content for a wide range of marketing deliverables¡Xincluding feature stories, customer success stories, white papers, brochures, newsletters, Web content, magazine articles, and product-oriented materials¡Xfor a high-level business audience
- Provide editorial guidance to help writers create compelling, innovative, and targeted content for clients
- Work with managing writers/editors and project managers to help ensure that schedules and processes meet client expectations
Desired background and experience:
- 6 -8 years experience editing high-tech business-to-business marketing materials for print and the Web
- Excellent project management skills and attention to quality and details
- Significant experience working with corporate editorial style guides, The Chicago Manual of Style, and The Associated Press Stylebook
- BS/BA in journalism, English, or communications
- Comfortable editing all types of high-technology topics
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to quickly grasp new IT trends, concepts, and a range of topics and use that knowledge to turn copy from clients into informative content for business and technical audiences
- Ability to work well under deadlines and flexibility to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to work well with others on the team and with management
- Manage multiple simultaneous projects effectively and deliver on time
- Extensive research abilities for fact checking
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for
an exciting new opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: July 21, 2006; closes September 6, 2006
RETURN TO JOB POSTINGS
Keep up on the latest in e-publishing and other writing resources,
along with links to the best writing on the web by subscribing to
Sunoasis 2006. It's once a month in your e-mail box and free!
Just use the convenient box above.
Cyber Search will show
you where all the writing jobs are!
to top of page
New Job Links
*Disclaimer: I try
to get the best writing jobs
I can find but I
can't guarantee a job is still available. And I
can't vouch for the credibility of those who post
jobs. Use at your own risk.
Laughing Sun| Cyber
Oasis| Send a comment|