Senior Research Writer
Location: Cambridge, MA
The Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP) is seeking an analytical, creative, experienced, and disciplined Senior Research Writer to provide in-house writing and editorial support. The Senior Research Writer will work closely with staff in writing and editing materials for publication and presentation, to include, but not limited to research reports, case studies, conference reports, and speeches. CEPís primary audience is foundation CEOs, trustees, and executives. A successful candidate for this position will have experience writing practical research reports and case studies for senior organizational leaders and will be comfortable writing about complex data analyses in simple, clear, and concise language.
Located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, CEP is a nonprofit providing comparative data
to enable higher-performing foundations. In just over five years since receiving
initial funding, CEP has provided assessment tools to more than 140 large foundations,
produced widely referenced research reports on issues of foundation effectiveness, and
hosted highly regarded programs for foundation CEOs, trustees, and senior executives.
For more on CEPís work, see www.effectivephilanthropy/
- Plan the content of each report with CEP Senior Staff, and write much of the content
- Help ensure that research documents are of the highest quality and meet CEP quality standards
- Conduct literature reviews
- Contribute ideas and writing for speeches by CEP Senior Staff
- Participate in analysis of existing datasets including quantitative and qualitative data and create reports for foundation audiences and academic publications
- At least 5 years experience as professional writer
- Adept at macro and micro editing, editing for typos, grammar, sentence structure, clarity of expression, conformity to required style, organization, and presentation
- Strong analytical ability and experience in producing clearly written materials for multiple audiences
- Understanding of and experience with research synthesis/review
- In addition to clear, concise, and well-structured writing, this position requires a bachelorsí degree and an advanced degree is desirable
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively in a team-based work environment
- Ability to work on a self-directed basis
Please respond with a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to:
Amber Sprague .. email@example.com
The Center for Effective Philanthropy
675 Massachusetts Ave, 7th Floor
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 492-0888 - fax
CEP is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity.
Posted: October 5, 2006; closes November 20, 2006
RETURN TO JOB POSTINGS
Keep up on the latest in e-publishing and other writing resources,
along with links to the best writing on the web by subscribing to
Sunoasis 2006. It's once a month in your e-mail box and free!
Just use the convenient box above.
Cyber Search will show
you where all the writing jobs are!
to top of page
New Job Links
*Disclaimer: I try
to get the best writing jobs
I can find but I
can't guarantee a job is still available. And I
can't vouch for the credibility of those who post
jobs. Use at your own risk.
Laughing Sun| Cyber
Oasis| Send a comment|