American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), a membership organization dedicated to the advancement of women's health care in Washington, DC, is currently seeking an Editorial Administrator for Permissions and Licensing who will be responsible for managing the publications permission and licensing processes, registering ACOG works with the U.S. Copyright Office, and coordinating administrative activities in the Products and Publications Department.
Location: Washington D.C,
1. Manage the publications permissions process.
- Evaluate and respond to requests to reprint ACOG material per policies.
- Maintain tracking sheet of requests received, approved, or denied.
- Provide regular reports and analysis.
- Request and obtain reprint permissions/licenses for text and images.
- Research the provenance of materials.
- Ensure timely and accurate rights clearance; process invoices to completion.
- Work within defined budget and schedule restraints.
- Provide regular status reports to editors or other internal stakeholders.
- Support the coordination of and contract management for clinical and consumer content licensing partnerships.
- Review and refine the current process and make recommendations for improvement. In partnership with IT, develop and implement improved automation for permissions requests, tracking, and budget monitoring.
2. Register ACOG publications with the U.S. Copyright Office on a monthly basis.
3. Coordinate administrative activities in the editorial office.
- Serve as the departmental contact and respond to routine phone and e-mail inquiries.
- Provide general administrative support to the Products and Publications Department.
- Monitor the firstname.lastname@example.org account and ensure that messages are replied to in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist with arrangements for editorial meetings; process reimbursements.
- Process daily mail, and coordinate special mailings and distributions as needed.
- Procure supplies and reference materials as needed.
4. Assist with special projects, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in English, journalism, or another liberal arts field.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of advanced administrative experience, including computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of U.S. copyright law and experience managing permissions.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team-oriented approach with medical and publishing professionals; Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; detail-oriented and well-organized.
Home to more than 58,000 women's health care professionals, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is a membership organization leading advancements in women's health. When you become part of the ACOG team, you're part of an organization that values communicating evidence-based, peer-reviewed information about women's health to members and the general public. ACOG supports its members by maintaining authoritative clinical guidance, providing continuing medical education resources, patient education materials and more. Together with our members, we are working to transform the future of women's health by delivering a compelling member experience, supporting the ob-gyn profession, and advocating for improved women's health.
Paid Parental Leave - Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace - Flexible work schedule - Commuting Allowance - Generous Paid Time Off - Holiday Pay - Life Insurance - Community Volunteering Opportunities - Generous 401(k) Company Contributions - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Learning Opportunities and Tuition Reimbursement - Company-Sponsored Team Outings - and more!
ACOG is an EEO employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. As a federal government contractor and in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and Executive Orders, the College takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. The College also participates in E-Verify.
Posted October 23, 2019; Closes December 8, 2019
RETURN TO JOB POSTINGS
Cyber Search will show
you where all the writing jobs are!
to top of page
New Job Links
*Disclaimer: I try
to get the best writing jobs
I can find but I
can't guarantee a job is still available. And I
can't vouch for the credibility of those who post
jobs. Use at your own risk.
Laughing Sun| Cyber
Oasis| Send a comment|